If you are experiencing problems with your McAfee Security products, you may need to uninstall the software before trying to repair or upgrade to a newer version. To make your problem be solved, please follow the instructions below:
First method, use Add or Remove Programs utility in Control Panel to uninstall McAfee program from your system with the following steps:
1. Open the Start menu, and select Control Panel.
2. Double-click the Add or Remove Programs option to open the corresponding window.
3. Locate and select McAfee program listed in the Add or Remove Programs window and select Remove.
4. Select all check boxes on the screen to select the McAfee products you want to remove and proceed with the removal process. To ensure complete uninstall, you must uninstall all McAfee Security Center products- McAfee Virus Scan, McAfee Personal Firewall, McAfee Privacy Service, and McAfee Spam Killer.
5. Restart the PC after the uninstall is complete.
Second method, remove it through hard driver. After restart, if the McAfee program is still there even after you uninstall McAfee of the other products, then perform the following steps:
1. Open My Computer.
2. Navigate to McAfee Program Files folder. For example, C:Program Files McAfee.)
3. Here, open the Agent App folder. In this folder, locate all files with the adf extension and delete them.
4. Open the Add or Remove Programs window again and select McAfee Security to uninstall it.
5. Install any other or updated antivirus program that you want on your computer.
Last but not least, if the two methods above does not remove it, you can follow these instructions to automatically uninstall or remove McAfee products. Or you can just click here to get a removal tool to uninstall McAfee antivirus [http://www.uninstallhelper.com] within just a few clicks. Moreover,It can help you completely remove registry and related folders of McAfee that is hard to be removed by normal procedure. Good luck!